Sunday, March 27, 2011

College


August 24, 1985
Today was a gorgoeous day!  Our family went to Palisades Reservoir in Grandpa Judy's Boat!  It was really fun!  Doyle and Delia and their kids came up and Doyle and Rhett tried to waterski.  I want to waterski some time.  It is hard to Believe that in one week I will be moving to Ricks.  Last night Jeanette and I were talking about how so much has changed from a year ago.  I just wonder what the next year will bring.  Even the next 2 years!


August 26, 1985

Rhett, Dad, Natalie and I were going to go waterskiing today- but by the time we left, the whole family came.  I can now say I have now been or at least tried waterskiing.  I about drowned the first time.  It's not as easy as it looks.

August 27, 1985

Today was Mom and Dad's 20th anniversary.   I went to Heise with Elaine, Bethia, Gina, Maria, Stacy and Jeanette.  We went swimming and had a picnic.  It was really great.  I was supposed to do the paper route but David Reiche and Natalie did it instead.  So I had a nap and  now I am watching the kids while Mom and Dad are in Jackson.  I sent their names in for a picture perfect day for their anniversary and they got it!!  They get a free 8x10 portrait from Kings Image.

September  20, 1985

Last night I went to sleep listening  to "Cherish" and woke up to "Cherish" so it was great!  I went to homecoming with Reid and didn't have fun.  gag.  Delene called and is taking me hiking with a bunch of guys so that will be fun.



October 9, 1985

I called Mom and Dad and talked to Rhett and Natalie.  I guess DaNae is walking and starting to talk a little bit.  It's kind of sad. 

November 9, 1985

I went to Idaho Falls today with Burt.  I introduced him to my family.  They like him pretty much.  We were going to go horseriding, but we never did, cuz it snowed.  Mom, Burt and I went to the mall and stuff and then we made some Reece's Peanut Butter squares.  We went to Grandma's house and watched some video's.  "The Natural" and a Dr. Seuss one.  They were really good.  We came home and Burt and I decided not to go back to Rexburg until tomorrow.  We stayed up until 3am talking and stuff.




December 28, 1985

Today I have been really droney!  It has been 6 months today that I met Wade.  Mom woke me up at like 10 this morning and said that Tobe talked to Dr. Lilly and she told her about my bruises (I call cancer).  Dr. Lilly wants me to go to an internist right away.  We went to Grandma's and watched "LadyHawk".  

December 30, 1985

I went to see Dr. Orchard today.  He said "my cancer" was liver blotches and my adrenal glands weren't functioning properly, so that is why I have been so tired.

January 10, 1986

Today is Grandma Robertson's 61st birthday.  I went to my class and ran the mile and 1/2.  I did it in 14:30.  I went to the student Health Center to get my blood test and they don't even know what I've got.  They made an appointment with Dr. Reynolds who is an internist for Tuesday.  I didn't go  to work or the rest of my classes because I didn't feel good.  I am scared.  

January 14, 1986

I went to my 8:00 class then my 9:00 and 10:00 and on the way home I fell down.  I was so embarrassed.  I fell asleep until 1:00.  Mom came and got me and we went to the Dr.'s office.  She didn't know what I had either.  I had to go to the hospital and they took some blood.  Then mom took me to work and then I came home with Sam.  I went back to sleep.

January 21, 1986

I slept all day today, but did go to my classes.  I am really worried because my "cancer" is back again.  I have a bruise on my cheek.  I really wonder what is going on.

February 4, 1986

I got up this morning and found a big lump under my arm pit.  I missed my first class and called for an appointment at the student health center.  

February 6, 1986

Mom and Grandma and Grandpa came today and took me to the doctor.  The doctor is really baffled.

February 7, 1986

Mom and Natalie and the little kids came and picked me up today and took me to Idaho falls.  We went to Dr. Orchard's, and he doesn't have any idea.  He is just guessing.  Dad gave me a blessing.  Jeanette, Sam and I went to the Late Night movie "The Holy Grail".  It was so dumb.

February 14, 1986

Today I went to Idaho Falls with Ira Hall and he brought me home.  I went to Dr. Richardson's.  Gross!  Then I went to watch the family clog.  We went to Grandma's and I slept.  Dad and Dell gave me a blessing.  
My  knee has been giving me a lot of pain.  I don't know what is wrong with it.

February 22, 1986

Chris Winn came and picked me up about 5:30.  We went to Badger Creek!  It was so fun.  We sledded down the hill and then ate and played UNO, Pit, and murder in the dark and states!  On the way home we got 2 flat tires so had to wait there until 2 dudes came and picked us up.  Chris is a realy gentleman.  
(Chris was one of my dance partner's on the Ricks College Folk Dance Team- 1989) Natalie.



March 8, 1986

After I practiced the piano Mom and I went to the Doctor.  They think I have cancer so they gave me more stuff and I have 2 people I can talk to.  We spent all afternoon talking and it seems like I'm all cried out.  When we got home I had a long talk with mom and Dad.  Everything is going to be just fine.  

March 11, 1986

Chris winked at me.  Sam walked home with me.  I went to sleep and then went to Idaho Falls to another Doctor.  Dr. Autrey and he said I don't have cancer.  Yeah!

March 14, 1986

I went to Preference today with Chris Winn.  We had a chance dinner at our apartment.  We went to the dance and it was really fun.  We went to Trudy's house and watched MASK.  We finally got them home by 4am.

March 19, 1986

I got up at 6:30 and went to my classes.  I was so tired when I got home I fell asleep.  I went to work after I woke up.  I spent the rest of the night watchng TV and sleeping.  Finally I asked Dan to get somebody to give me a blessing.  So Karl came and gave me a really neat blessing.  I was promised that through my faith tha tI will be able to get back on my feet.

March 21, 1986

I came home yesterday to go to a Dr. Appointment.  I slept in the waterbed with Mom- she finally got out he-he.
I woke up today and Mom took one look at me and I was NOT going to school.  So I called Jane and told her to call my boss and my teacher.  I brought Clint and DaNae to Grandma's since Mom had to take field trips to Reburg all day.  I went to my appointment and Rhett came and got me and then everybody went clogging at our wad so I watched the little farts at Grandma's.  We ended up watching Robin Hood for the umpteen millionth time.  So, I stayed with Grandma, cuz she was alone.  It felt good to be babied.  Bishop Landon came over too and gave me a blessing.  It said what Karl's did, but a lot more.  

March 23, 1986

Grandma woke me up to watch the Tabernacle Choir.  Then I went back to bed and I got up and had a nice bath and Grandma and Grandpa came home and Doyle and his family came over to eat.  I watched the other 2 ball games and then must have gone back to sleep, cuz I can't remember what happened.  Dad gave me a blessing.

March 25, 1986

My parents took me to Reno to see a doctor.  I look so bad, I scare myself.  We drove all nightlong and I hardly slept at all.  We got a motel and slept about 3 hours.  We went to the Doctor's and I got a physical.  They think because of  the crop sprayers at home made me sick.  They gave me a shot to neutralize my blood and now I have got another appointment tomorrow afternoon at 3:30.  He thinks there is something else.  We went back to the hotel and I slept.  Mom put me in an apple cider vinegar bath that the doctor said to try.  

March 26,1986

The doctor said the poisons got in my liver and caused the liver spots and I am not feeling very great.  Mom and Dad got my birthday-  pink pumps and a reversible pink jacket.  

March 27, 1986

Today has been the worst day of my life.  Mom and Dad decided to stay in SLC with Becky and RaNeeta so I could go to the dentist wtih Tobe.  We left Reno and drove fr 8 hours and I was not up to it and in no mood for it.  We finally got here!!  I am so freaking sick and tired of traveling I almost pueked!  I can't keep my eyes open.  I hope tomorrow I feel better.  

March 28, 1986

Today I was diagnosed as having Leukemia, Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.  ALL.  I am at the University of Utah Hospital.  Doctor Eyre and Frame are my docs.  I had a bone marrow test which confirmed my diagnosis.  I am not feeling really great but better now that the nurses and doctors are taking care of me so I can rest.   If we hadn't have started treatments I would have died in 3 weeks.  That is scary!  I have to stay here for 3-4 weeks.  oh- well, at least I get out of finals.  Dad's brothers and sisters came to see me and brought me stuffed animals and a big poster.  





July 19,1986

I have a lot of catching up to do.  I decided that I will start today and go on.  Four months is a very long time with as much to write about as I have.  I have my own room!  The little room upstairs is mine!  It's great , it's decorated in blue and rainbows.  Darling!  Sam called and we talked for over an hour.  His farewell is a week from tomorrow.  I'm excited!  Tonight Rhett, David and Natalie And I went to "Karate Kid II"  It was a good show!  



July 29, 1986

I've been in the hospital the past week and got out this morning.  I missed Sam's farewell, so we went to see him before he leaves tomorrow.  I am home now.  I hate being in Salt Lake especially in the hospital, but I have to go back a week from Thursday.


November 22, 1986

Today has been quite the day.  I got up and ate then I went back to bed and DaNae came too and pretty soon EVERYBODY was in my room.  I finally had to kick everyone out.  I then had a nap and layed around cause I didn't feel very good.  We decided to watch a video so Natalie and I and a bunch of the kids went to the video store.  They came out with a really stupid one, "Pee Wee's Big Adventure".  Very stupid show!  They also got "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".  So I went back in with a bunch of kids and got the "Wilderness Family 2" and "Oliver."  We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to watch them.



December 25, 1986

It's Christmas!  We had a really nice Christmas.  We all got up at 5 o'clock and went and got our Christmas.  I got a crock pot, crystal glasses, towel set, a rug, Mickey Mouse Rick's College shirt, sweatpants, Ricks College scarf and gloves, and a pink plaid quilt.  From Grandpa and Grandma I got black pants and a blue blouse and sweater vest.  From Tobe I got a sheet set.  I'm real excited!  As a family we got a new TV and VCR.  We also got two little black puppies.  They are so cute.  We call them Wilma and Betty.  I gave Mom and Dad a dozen red roses.

(Mom and Lori made quilts for all the kids that year).


December 28, 1986

Here at home I have just been cleaning up my room and making a list of things I need to take to school.  I need to do most my packing this week cause the weekend is all filled up.  I can't believe school starts next week and Jeanette is getting married.  It freaks me out! 



January 28, 1987

I came to my apartment and biffed it and got bloody knuckles.  I went to sleep on the couch and then went to my other class.  It was a blizzard outside on the way home.  I was lucky to make it.  I slept some more and went to composition and we got out early so I came back and slept some more and went to Accounting and I finally figured it out.  I'm so glad I went to class!  When I got back we just sat around and ate and Scott came over and took Julie and I to get a sundae.  We told jokes and had a good time.  I met Brian too. 


March 4, 1987

Brian came over and asked me to see "Yentle" but we saw "Lady Hawk" instead.  I love that show.  Well Brian finally kissed me tonight.  I really like that dude.  I'm falling in love, it is so great!




March 14, 1987

Today has been a really super day.  I got up with Julie and we did Jane Fonda and then we changed our room around.  Then Brian called and we got ready to go.  We picked up our flowers first and took them to his place and then took off for Jackson.  We sort of took the long way.  It took us 5 hours to get there.  We were almost to Cokeville Wyoming!  It was so funny!  We finally got there and walked around for a little bit.  And we went to Sizzler to eat.  I ate like a horse.  We were both pretty hammered especially Brian so I drove home from Driggs.  We got ready and went to the dance.  It was REALLY fun!  I think we looked hot together.  I can't wait for pictures to get back.  Brian looked awesome!  He looks wonderful in white.  I'm in love with him really bad.


March 21, 1987

Today was Bethia's wedding.  I rode home with Anne Simmons it was real sweet of her.  I went to the mall with Bethia to buy "The Man from Snowy River" tape and then we ate at her house and we went and got my dress.  It is beautiful!  I was in charge of the ring and a witness too.  The wedding was really nice.



March 22, 1987

Last night was a hard night since DaNae was sleeping with me.  I think I have a pinched nerve or something.  I got to sleep in today, past 10:30.  I set the table for breakfast and we all ate together then we went to church.  Natalie spoke in sacrament meeting and afterward Dad and Heather were in the speech festival.  They both won it.  Now they get to go to the Stake one next week.  I saw Tobe, Grandpa, Grandma.  It was good to see all of them again.  I think I am kind of home sick when everybody left tonight.  I can't wait until summer.

March 29, 1987

I couldn't sleep at all last night because of the muscles in my back and shoulders and stomach.  They are all so sore.  I rubbed icy hot on them and tried to sleep some more.  I got up and took Justin around for fast offerings and then he made me some french toast.  I went to church but after the sacrament I couldn't stand it anymore and Rhett brought me home and I fell alseep on the couch. Brian was an hour late and the kids were acting like idiots.  We went back to Rexburg.  He was so sweet to me.  I really love that guy.  

April 2, 1987

Today was my 20th birthday.  M y roommates brought me a card and a present and the relief society gave me balloons.  Today was also Brian's 22nd birthday.  Dad called to wish me a happy birthday.  Brian came over and I gave him his card and we talked until his class and then I had a nap.  I got up and I went to watch Brian's volleyball games.  Then we went to Brian's and he fixed something to eat.  We watched "The Temple of Doom." 

April 26, 1987

I got up and my eyes were looking real bad again so we decided to go to Salt Lake.  Tobe, Grandma, and me came and we went to the ER and was there for a couple of hours.  They put me in room 516.  I called mom and dad and told them that I should only be there a couple of days.  They were going to give me 4 things of red blood cells and a thing of platelets.  My platelets were 11 and the normal is 150.  I called Brian and he said it was fast sunday and he fasted for me.  It looks like I won't get much sleep tonight.  The nurses are in and out constantly.  I hate hospitals I have decided.


May 4, 1987

I made a plan with what I want to do when I get out of here.  Fix a picnic lunch, go boating on the Palisades with my family and Brian.  I already know what I want to wear.  My blue shorts, lavendar blouse, lavendar socks, high tops, and my white hat. 



Lori passed away on May 11, 1987 at the University Hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment